Brad Gustave, M.D.
- Undergraduate: Miami University of Ohio
- Medical School: University of Colorado
- MBA in Medical Administration: University of Colorado
- Intern Year: Presbyterian/Saint Luke's Hospital, Denver, Colorado
- Residency: University of Colorado
- Fellowship in Cornea Surgery at Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, New York
- Board-certified member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Fellowship-trained cornea/refractive surgery specialist
- Member, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Member, American Cornea Society
- Member, Refractive Surgery Alliance
- Phi Beta Kappa and Beta Gamma Sigma honors societies
- He was awarded the Eugenie D. Sontag award for excellence in academics, ethics and philanthropy from the University of Colorado-Denver.
I have been involved in research since his time as an undergraduate and has contributed to work in neuro-muscular cell physiology, orthopedic surgery and ophthalmology. I am published in the International Journal of Eyebanking and the Journal of Ocular Surgery, Lasers and Intervention – Retina, and have presented my work at the International Symposium of the International Eyebanking Association and the American Academy of Orthopedics.
who i am
I grew up in a small town in Southern Illinois, and went to college in Ohio. After relocating to Denver, I received my medical and business degrees, as well as completed my residency in Ophthalmology, at the University of Colorado. My wife and I moved to New York for a Cornea, Cataract, External Disease and Refractive Surgery fellowship at Weill Cornell Medical College of Cornell University. But the mountains called, and I came home to Colorado and joined Boulder Eye Surgeons.
I perform LASIK and PRK as well as many types of anterior segment surgeries including manual and laser-assisted cataract surgery, pterygium removal, stye removal and corneal transplantation. I also provide comprehensive eye care including glasses and contact lens prescriptions, general eye examinations and management of medical eye problems such as dry eye, glaucoma, diabetes and macular degeneration.
My wife Lindsay is an artist and art historian, and when we are not working, we enjoy the growing art and culinary scenes in Denver. We also have a passion for the mountains and enjoy skiing, rock climbing, road biking, camping and hiking with our dogs, Penny and Tally.
My mission is to maximize your quality of vision and quality of life. From your very first interaction with the staff and with me, I strive to navigate your eye health with compassion, skill and commitment.